Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Fear Not Tomorrow

It's been another troubling week. There hasn't been a day when my heart hasn't felt heavy about something. I look around our world and I see so many bad things happening, and I worry. I worry about my grandkids and the evil world they have to grow up in. I wonder if they will grow up unharmed by evilness.

I've also felt burdened because of all those I love who are hurting. I know when you love others, you're going to hurt when they hurt. And right now I have a lot of hurting people in my life. I try to give them and their pain to Jesus, but it's difficult when you were made to be a nurturer and a fixer.

When I woke up this morning, it was so beautiful and I decided I would give myself a break by going for a  long walk. I also decided to try to focus only on the blessings that are mine and to be thankful for them, instead of focusing on my worries. It was a perfect day for walking. The sky was blue and there was a slight cool breeze. As I walked, I felt some of the heaviness lift from my heart.

By the time I got back home, I didn't want to let go of the joy I felt, so I went to the back yard. Right now it's a haven for beautiful birds...another of my blessings. I saw the bluebirds leave their box and the nest they made on Mother's Day weekend.

 
(The grandkids had to inspect the nest after it was built to make sure it was an appropriate home for babies!)


Today I peeked, and there are 5 beautiful blue eggs in the nest. I can't wait till the kids see those!



Not wanting to leave the beauty of God's great playground for birds, babies and gramma's, I sat for awhile on the deck. That's when I noticed something I'd not seen in my back yard before. A pair of purple martins were making a nest in the gourd birdhouse that my granddaughters gave me two years ago for my birthday!
 
Those three girls are going to love that!
 

Then, just as the sun went under a fluffy white cloud, a beautiful yellow finch landed on the finch feeder.


 As I watched the birds this morning I felt comforted by the knowledge that if God cares for them, how much more He must care for those I love who are hurting. And I know that I need to give them and all my fears to the One who holds our futures in the palm of His hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1AnsQBDwQo


 

No comments:

Post a Comment