Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Sweet Potatoes and Toe Jam

I love good food. I always have, probably always will. My preference is anything sweet, with ice cream being at the top of my list, followed by Ghirardelli chocolate caramel squares. Unfortunately, as I age, I notice that all foods that contain carbohydrates tend to go right to my middle so I try to limit my favorites as much as possible. I get terribly uncomfortable when my pants get tight...and I refuse to buy a bigger size. Although, another homemade banana split like this would make me forget the tight pants.
 
 
I would imagine if you asked a hundred people what their favorite food is, you would come up with close to a hundred different answers. And then there are those people you don't have to ask, you can just tell by the expressions on their faces when they are eating that they are enjoying the experience.
 
 
I had the privilege today of feeding sweet potatoes to my six month old granddaughter, Naomi. You could tell she was loving them by how big she opened her mouth and the sparkle in her eyes. Then she surprised me. I stopped feeding her for a few seconds to talk to her brother, and when I turned my attention back to her, she had her toes in her mouth. Sweet potatoes and toe jam...a new combination! Most of us aren't going to be able to try that though because we can no longer get our toes to our mouths!
 
Not only did Gramma have to wash Naomi's face, I had to wash her feet too. I did think about leaving the sweet potatoes between her toes in case she got hungry during the night... poor malnutritioned baby!  
 




No comments:

Post a Comment