Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

To Transiton

 
To transition means to change, to evolve, to convert, to shift, to move, to alter, and to modify.
 
I've done a lot of transitioning in my life. Most of those transitions were ones I wanted, a few were forced on me. Almost all of them were good, but a handful made a negative impact on my life. Fortunately, I was able to adjust my life to them and go on.
 
I'm going through a transition in my life now. And I'm not feeling real good about it. It makes me wake up in the middle of the night with an empty ache inside me. It hangs over me all day like a dark cloud. I guess, because most of my days are no longer filled with rewarding work and people I enjoy being with,  this particular transition is one I'm going through alone. Yes, there are friends and family who would help if they could, but they can't, so I don't bother them with the details. This is the one transition in life I must go through alone.
 
And then I'm reminded...because I'm a child of God, I am never totally alone. And I breathe a prayer of thanksgiving that I am His.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment