Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Where I Am


  As I look out the window of my camper, I see the sun shining brightly in the Western sky making long shadows of the trees. That’s not out of the ordinary, but there’s also a fairly heavy rain falling from clouds directly overhead. The sun is shining and it’s raining. I tried to take a picture, but it was impossible to capture the beauty of it.  
                Reminds me of life right now. I feel like there’s a dark threatening cloud hanging over my head, but fortunately, I can still see the sun. That gives me hope, until I think about the possibility of the cloud moving over the sun. But I know, even if that happens, the sun will still shine, it always does,without fail. And clouds are always transient. I will try to hang on to that bit of information as I go through this difficult time in my life. I wish I could share why it’s difficult, but I really feel like no one would understand, or maybe even care.
                If you’re following my blog, you know that I have been in partial seclusion for several days. My plan was to be this way for several more days, but life calls and I go back to reality on Thursday afternoon. I was hoping, while I was here, that God would help me as I go through a difficult transition in life. I have felt His presence, but it seems like he is going to make me work this one out by myself. I really don’t feel like I’m anymore “settled” now than I was. Maybe I never will be.
                Settled or not though, life goes on. Every day (except this rainy one), I've done a lot of walking and been able to soak in the beauty of this place. I've also sat in a chair and looked at the field across the road. I have literally, been watching corn grow. The first day, it was barely out of the ground.  It must be a good 4 inches high now. After the rain today, I imagine it will grow even faster.
                To some people, watching corn grow would be a waste of time. To me it has been comforting. It makes me see that even when I feel like my life has come to a screeching halt, the world around me goes on…uninterrupted. And I'm glad it does. How horrible if the whole world would stop when I do. And after today, I am reminded, that wherever I am,  the sun will still shine even when there are clouds and rain.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment