Pages

Friday, July 4, 2014

Backyard Beauty

What a gorgeous Independence Day! The sky is a cloudless blue and the air is the perfect temperature. There's a gentle, cool breeze blowing the flag on the pole behind the pond.

We've had just enough rain to keep the grass green, the garden growing and my flowers blooming. (yes that is a tomato plant in the middle of my flowers. I put it there to add a little green filler and now its crowding out the flowers. But it has blooms on it, so I guess I'll leave it. Nothing like walking out the back door to pick a fresh tomato!)



As I sat outside this morning and looked around me, my heart was at peace. The sound of the dozen song birds as they fluttered around the finch feeders, and the hum of the hummingbird wings was music to my ears.

Then, as if I needed icing on my cake, I noticed that the bluebirds were back and making another nest in their box. Their first brood just fledged a week ago.

 
I went to get the camera to see if I could capture the beauty of this morning and when I turned it on I was reminded that my backyard has been full of my blessings all week.
 
 
 
And I knew in my heart...there is no place I'd rather be than right here in my backyard.


No comments:

Post a Comment